Emma Clarke is a talented and experienced comedy and drama writer, whose work has been broadcast on television and radio. She also writes books (visit her Amazon author page), blogs and opinion pieces.
Despite spending much of her time voicing advertisements, Emma doesn’t undertake copywriting for adverts. However, she is an accomplished comedy and drama writer who has written for BBC Radio 4, BBC television and the theatre. In fact, every play or sit-com which Emma has written for radio has been featured on Radio 4’s Pick of the Week.
Work for radio and television
Emma has written extensively for radio and television – mainly comedy and sit-coms, but also serious drama. Her writing credits include:
- The Now Show (BBC Radio 4 comedy)
- Stop the World (BBC Radio 4 comedy)
- Mummification (BBC Radio 4 play)
- Share and Share Alike (BBC Radio 4 sit-com)
- Get your Ears around my Mouth (BBC Radio 4 sit-com)
- Casualty (BBC1 television drama)
- Private Viewing (BBC Radio 4 sit-com)
- Teleluvvies (an acclaimed play performed at the Edinburgh Fringe)
- Shaft (an acclaimed play performed at the Edinburgh Fringe which was later adapted for BBC Radio 4)
- The Write Stuff (a Channel 4 children’s educational show, for which Emma contributed sketches)
Emma has written several books for both adults and children (click here to visit her Amazon author page). These focus on mindfulness and have received rave reviews from readers.
To listen to some radio interviews about Emma’s books click here.
She also writes poetry for her own personal pleasure (and angst).
Other Writing Projects
Emma is working on a series of books for children and also aims to finish her one-woman play that will one day be performed at the Edinburgh Fringe.